Welcome to Friends Forum...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» f2010 cum
North spins out Pakistan EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:54 pm by MaLaK.ALHrB

» what we do to make this forum popular????
North spins out Pakistan EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:12 am by musavir

» hi guys
North spins out Pakistan EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:51 am by musavir

» v2 enters
North spins out Pakistan EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:47 am by musavir

» Feel the warmth of my entrance !!!
North spins out Pakistan EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:29 am by musavir

» Free GPRS
North spins out Pakistan EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:25 am by MaLaK.ALHrB

» voice changer
North spins out Pakistan EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:22 am by MaLaK.ALHrB

» is mig33 is the best chat application???
North spins out Pakistan EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:21 am by MaLaK.ALHrB

» What are u doing right now.
North spins out Pakistan EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:20 am by aqib

Poll

how is this forum??

North spins out Pakistan I_vote_lcap71%North spins out Pakistan I_vote_rcap 71% [ 10 ]
North spins out Pakistan I_vote_lcap21%North spins out Pakistan I_vote_rcap 21% [ 3 ]
North spins out Pakistan I_vote_lcap7%North spins out Pakistan I_vote_rcap 7% [ 1 ]
North spins out Pakistan I_vote_lcap0%North spins out Pakistan I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
aqib (121)
North spins out Pakistan I_vote_lcapNorth spins out Pakistan I_voting_barNorth spins out Pakistan I_vote_rcap 
umi (63)
North spins out Pakistan I_vote_lcapNorth spins out Pakistan I_voting_barNorth spins out Pakistan I_vote_rcap 
musavir (53)
jiya (47)
mast-banda-sameer (16)
spiderman-._.-ax- (10)
deep (9)
MaLaK.ALHrB (6)
shujah (4)
handsome (4)

North spins out Pakistan

Go down

North spins out Pakistan Empty North spins out Pakistan

Post by aqib Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Marcus North was the surprise bowling hero as Australia completed a 150-run win over Pakistan in the first Test at Lord's.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
North: career-best figures

Pakistan resumed at 114-1 on the fourth morning requiring 440 for victory in the series opener and, despite Salman Butt's 92, never looked likely to pull off what would have been a record run chase.

Off-spinner North, who had taken just one previous five-for during his 11-year first-class career, finished with figures of 6-55, while debut leg-spinner Steve Smith chipped in with 3-51.

Ben Hilfenhaus was the only seam bowler to strike on the fourth day, sparking Pakistan's collapse from 152-1 to 289 all out with the scalp of Azhar Ali.

Ali, on 28 overnight, extended his second-wicket stand with Butt to 102 before Hilfenhaus (1-37) produced a perfectly pitched outswinger to take the edge through to wicketkeeper Tim Paine and send him on his way for 42.

With the pitch offering little to his seam attack, Australia captain Ricky Ponting brought North into the attack after an hour's play.

His reward was immediate, Butt - having advanced serenely to within eight of a century - stumped down the leg-side after overbalancing attempting to work North's first delivery off his legs.

And the part-timer struck again in the final over before lunch, extra bounce undoing Umar Akmal (22), whose attempted cut was edged through to Michael Clarke at slip to reduce Pakistan to 216-4.
aqib
aqib

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum